You're excited, you're nervous, now what? Here are a few guidelines to follow to keep yourself calm and have a great show!
- It may sound funny, but make sure you know when to arrive. Arrive as early as your venue will allow. This will give you time to set up and maybe have a rehearsal.
- Find out if you can come in a day or two in advance to get your equipment set up. This will save you time and stress on the actual day of the event.
- If you are just one of many bands on the bill, remember that showing up late can easily get you removed from the schedule.
- In you are part of a bill of many bands, be sure to be early and waiting in the wings in case you need to go on early.
- Be sure to tell your loyal following when you'll be playing. The show may start at 7pm, but you may not be on until 8:45pm. That is an important detail to share with your fans!
- Prepare a set list! This will help your set(s) run smoothly and you'll always know what's next.
- Most importantly, have a good time! Once you're on stage playing, your nerves will calm down and you'll be able to enjoy every moment!